Subject: Re: Can it do...
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 1994 18:58:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,

 First, There was a lot of mail on the use of Pixel 3D and the like. I
dis-agree with alot of you. I create and have created many Logo's and
objects using PIxel 3D. As Logo's go, I take a customers art work that
made his Logo and autotrace with Pixel 3D. I wont go into the process of
this because it's been beaten to death. I have even wrote an article called
"Cheap 3D objects" on the subject. You can find an object I've done in the
BBS's (try Studio 3D) using all most entierly pixel 3D. I'ts called Optimus
 Prime. It's a Transformer toy I created in Imagine format. I have not
converted it to LW format yet, well I tried and became frustrated because
of LW's lack of Genlock Map and free hand map placement. Genlock map allows
all of the image map eccept the one in color 0 register. Similar to pixel
3D and most 2D drawing programs. Now this I've come to live with but free
placement of a image map just should be there (Allen?).
   Now to go against my self, my recent 3D object disk "Road Sign's" does
not use Pixel 3D. I found I could not scan any sign at a high enough res.
Which is what most of you spoke of, but I did this because I wanted the
objects to look good upclose to the camera or far in the distant. If I made
a scene Like a Logo and it did not come close to the camera, as most of
my Logo anim., I would use Pixel 3D so as to be sure of capturing the exact
look of the Logo. Which is what the cutomer is looking for.

Anyway I've got 3.5 2 days now and so far so good. Essence texture are cool
and now I can have yellow button like AGA machines. I don't like it's use
of the Picasso thou. I use it for Rendered view from time to time but when
first I loved it's high res look it gave the program, I soon began to 
dis-like it for lack of it's view of Preview animations. I hope this is
aliminated in 4.0 because it does look very profesional. 

Jose Burgos
[email-masked]
Freelance 3D Animator